We all have varying tastes and chase ever-changing styles. One thing middle school students (from many countries) have in common is that they want to look compatible and in sync with their friends. At the least, goodness, they do not want to be embarrassed. Presented here is our school system’s Dress Code to help ensure everyone wears clothing suitable for school.
It is the time to prepare for school (first day, September 5). To help you along, King’s Fork Middle School pulled together a list of items students will need. Please see the full post for a link to the list. You can also access the list from the King’s Fork Middle School App – once in the App, press the menu icon and look under “Documents.”
NEW VIDEO POSTED EVERY WED!
Spark, an original video series created by Suffolk Public Schools, is intended to ignite curiosity and keep students learning this summer. Subscribe to the Suffolk Public Schools You Tube Channel or follow Suffolk VA Public Schools on Facebook for weekly Spark videos this summer.
On Wednesday, June 14; Thursday, June 15; and Friday, June 16, KFMS students will be dismissed for the day at 11:25 AM. If your students are riders, arrangements must be made for early pickup. Also, on Wednesday, June 14, the Grade 7 Awards Assembly will be held at 7:45 AM in the KFMS Auditorium, and the Grade 6 Awards Assembly will be held at 9:00 AM. The Grade 8 Awards Assembly and Reception will be held at 6:00 PM on Thursday, June 15th, also in the Auditorium.
The Young Men of PRIDE will hold a car wash at King’s Fork Middle School on Saturday, June 3, 2017. The car wash will last from 8:30 till 12:00 noon. YMOP will be responsible for washing, rinsing, and drying the exterior and detailing the tires with tire cleaner. [View Full Post for more.] A 5$ donation is requested for each vehicle. Click here for Flyer.
As a parent or teacher, what efforts can you do TODAY to enhance student learning and SOL achievements? Have your student(s) read and discuss, read and discuss, read and discuss. [Click View Full Post for Schedule.] “Did you read this (article, paragraph, chapter, or page)? What do you think? What can you compare this to? How did it make you feel?” Schedule located here.
Save the Date: May 9, 2017 from 6:30-8:00 pm. Come learn important information about the Grade 8 Science SOL test, participate in hands-on activities, and check out the online practice test, useful websites, and content review books. And, just so you know, pizza is provided by the PTA!
Please RSVP to your child’s teacher by May 5:
The time to prepare is now! Help us keep you informed of regular news and changing events by following our social media channels. Sites are updated regularly, especially when events are rapidly changing. Stay tuned! (Link to the social media poster).
1) Update your students about where to go when they get off the bus, should schools close early.
2) Remember, when schools are opening under a 1- or 2-hour delay, bus pickups begin 1 or 2 hours later than normal. Before-school care opens under the same delay, and no breakfast is served on days with delayed openings.
3) Be reminded the YMCA after-school program remains open until 6 p.m. when school dismisses early. No YMCA childcare is offered at schools, when schools are closed; however enrolled children may be brought to the main Suffolk YMCA on Godwin Boulevard for childcare on those days at no additional cost.
4) Make sure we know how you’d prefer to receive updates. The best and easiest way to identify your preferences is to log into www.schoolmessenger.com/start
You will need the correct email address that you have associated with your staff or student information.
5) For more information, visit www.spsk12.net/parents/delays-closings/